The kids and I had a blast making these fun little treats!
Here’s what we did based on an idea I saw in my Food Network magazine.
- Peel and cut a couple of bananas in half.
- Place on a sheet of parchment paper, put cookie sticks or popsicle sticks into the bottom of the bananas, and put into the freezer for an hour or so until bananas are frozen.
- Melt some chocolate (your choice of semi, milk chocolate, etc).
- Dip bananas into the chocolate and put back in the freezer to let the chocolate solidify. I used candy eyes and put them on the chocolate before the chocolate hardened.
- Melt mini marshmallows in a bowl and mix in a tiny amount of water. The marshmallows will be stringy and you just use a spoon to wrap it around the banana pops. Kinda tricky but it’s super fun for the kiddos!