Fudge is definitely one of my favorite special treats….the kind you only get on vacations or for special events. Yesterday, for some reason I was really craving some. I logged onto Pinterest to see what I could find. Quick, easy, and with ingredients I already had were my search requirements. Most fudge recipes have sweetened condensed milk which is not something I have on hand because I don’t like the flavor! Other recipes called for marshmallow creme and again I don’t have that. Finally came across a picture of a recipe (no link to a website or author) for this fudge with ingredients I already had and thought I would give it a go! It turned out SO good…set up perfectly too! I haven’t taken pictures of the pieces of fudge, because you see I have been too busy eating them;)
Here’s how you can make some delicious fudge in under 5 minutes:
- In a large microwave safe bowl, sift together 4 cups powdered sugar (1lb, which is one box), 2/3 c cocoa powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of milk and two teaspoons of vanilla. Mix until it’s hard to mix any more. This takes a minute but it will eventually come together.
- Cut one stick of butter (1/2 cup) into pieces and place on top of the mixture.
- Microwave on high for two minutes.
- Use wooden spoon and beat until smooth.
- Pour into greased pan (recommended size is 8 x 8 x 2). I used nonstick foil in my pan. Put in fridge for an hour until set.
Hope you enjoy!