While looking for a Christmas present idea for my child’s teacher, I came across this super cute one for a cupcake made out of a pair of socks. This idea has been around and it is certainly not my original idea! I needed something to go with the gift cards I had already purchased…this was the perfect thing!
So here is how I made these cute cupcakes!
You will need:
- Fuzzy socks (Some of the socks have a pom pom on the ankle, which made for a super cute cupcake topper.)
- Silicone baking cups (I purchased a pack of 6 from Wal-mart for $2!)
- Rubber bands
- Something to wrap them with (I bought a pack of cookie bags with silver cardboard circles for the bottoms from Wal-mart.)
*I bought socks, bags, and silicone wrappers for under 10 bucks….made 6 cupcakes!
How to make the cupcakes:
- Lay your socks out flat.
- Roll the socks tightly.
- Place a rubber band around the bottom and gently pull one sock up to give the height to the shape.
- Now here’s your cupcake and liner.
- Place sock in liner and wrap however you would like!
Want to see more????
And how about a Christmas tree cupcake???
*My sister even liked this project so much that she made some too….here are her sock cupcakes to show you!