These Christmas trees were a lot of fun to make for the kids!
- Grab some canvases at your local craft store. I picked up a three pack of thin 8 by 10 canvases.
- Get acrylic paints to use. I thought the shiny ones I found were perfect for this. The color turned out so well.
- First, paint a brown tree trunk.
- Then dip one hand into the green paint and press onto the canvas. I started from the bottom and worked my way up. Depending on the size of your child’s hand, I did three to four on the bottom row and then one less each row up. Keep making prints until you reach the top.
- Let the tree dry completely. Then paint a thin black line as shown in the picture.
- Have the kids use different fingers to make tiny ornaments on the black line. This was their favorite part!
- Add a star at the top if desired.
*This is a great keepsake type craft that could even be used as a gift for family members!