I have tried quite a few play dough recipes; my all time favorite is a gingerbread play dough….I’ll be sharing that recipe as the Christmas season approaches. But for today I thought I would share a simple, inexpensive play dough recipe that is great for everyday play!
You will need:
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- food coloring (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients into a large pot on your stove top.
- Over medium-low heat, stir everything together until the dough loses its stickiness look and become hard to stir. Takes maybe 3 or 4 minutes!
- Carefully pull dough out of pan and onto a sheet of parchment paper or a cutting board shown in my pictures.
- Knead the dough until it is no longer sticky and feels like the right consistency.
- Store in a sealed plastic bag!