Not too long ago, I found a blog that I could spend hours browsing recipes and looking at pictures on! It’s called “Buns in the Oven & Not the Baby Kind”. I have made four different cookies from the site and each turned out so well! Today my husband requested these peanut butter cookies with Reeses pieces and chocolate chips…to which I am happy to make:)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the creamed mixture and beat until well combined.
- Fold in the Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Make small balls of dough and place onto baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 8 minutes.
- Let the cookies set on the baking sheet for 5 minutes to set up before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
*These are super thick cookies. SO GOOD!
*Makes about 3 dozen