I love peppermint patties…but not the store bought kind with a ton of random additives. This is a super easy recipe and is AMAZING! My only problem is not eating the entire batch in one sitting;)
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract (can use up to 1 teaspoon to increase minty flavor)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- Baker’s Real Milk Chocolate Dipping Chocolate, 7 oz container
- Beat 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar with corn syrup, water, peppermint extract, shortening, butter and a pinch of salt using an electric mixer at medium speed until just combined.
- Knead on a work surface dusted with remaining 1/4 cup confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Roll out and cut into circles with a small biscuit cutter.
- Place circles onto a cookie sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt dipping chocolate and dip frozen patties!
- You can place the peppermint patties into the fridge to set the chocolate faster or leave on countertop.
- I store mine in a sealed container in the fridge.
*For a fun variation, you can tint the dough different colors! I once made orange and blue peppermint patties before a Gator football game. Think of all the fun you can have:)
*Original recipe can be found here!