Chocolate Chips and cinnamon rolls combined plus icing….yes, please!
For the rolls:
- 1 can Crescent Rounds Dough
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
For the Vanilla Icing
- 1 Tablespoon of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4-6 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream or whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch cake pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls and unroll.
- Brush each piece of dough with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar.
- Evenly divide and sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon-sugar over each roll.
- Evenly divide chocolate chips and spread over cinnamon-sugar.
- Carefully roll up each dough, pinching seams together.
- Arrange the rolls 1 inch apart in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- While rolls are cooking, make the icing.
- Melt the Tablespoon of butter in the microwave.
- In you mixing bowl, mix together the butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
- Add in the whipping cream (or milk), little by little until you reach desired consistency. I like a thick, spreadable icing, so I tend to use closer to 4 Tablespoons of the cream. The more cream you add, the thinner icing you will have. If you get it too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- The nice thing about icing is that it is very forgiving. You can add a little of this or a little of that and make a super yummy icing!
*Original Cinnamon Roll recipe can be found here.