I love making things to fill our sensory table. Today we decided to try coloring rice, and I am happy to share my kids are having a blast! It was easy to make too! Not at all a new idea but I will share how I made ours!
- Food coloring
*Optional: essential oils of your choice. I added a few drops of peppermint or lemon oil to each batch to help cut the vinegar smell.
- In a large ziploc bag combine two tablespoons of vinegar with several drops of food coloring until you get the desired color.
- Add in two cups of dry rice and seal the bag.
- Have your kids shake the bag until all of the rice is colored.
- Lay out a piece of foil and pour the rice onto it.
- Spread the rice around to make a thin layer and allow to dry for an hour or so.