I have a couple of toffee recipes….but this is my fave one from a dear friend of mine! Enjoy!
2 sticks unsalted sweet cream butter
1 cup sugar
1 tbs light corn syrup
¼ cup water (can substitute with bourbon, rum or another liquor)
1) Put ingredients in a medium size pot and stir (over low-medium heat) continually until it gets to about 303 degrees per the candy thermometer. Takes about 15 minutes or so.
2) Once it hits temperature, I pour onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
3) I use a cup or so of chocolate chips on top. Just sprinkle them on and let them melt. Use a rubber spatula to spread the chocolate out.
4) Let cool completely before breaking!
* Can add nuts, coconut, etc!