This is a simple way to cook an entire chicken in under an hour! It turns out super moist and delicious, so give it a try!
- Preheat your oven to 450 and throw your empty cast iron skillet in while preheating so it can get hot too. Use a roasting pan if you don’t have a cast iron!
- Place your whole chicken (inside junk removed) onto a plate.
- Melt four tablespoons of butter and pour on top.
- Season entire chicken with a teaspoon of kosher salt and two tablespoons of Montreal steak seasoning.
- Once oven is hot carefully place your chicken into the skillet.
- Bake 45 mns or until temp reaches 165!
- The skin will brown nicely and the inside will be moist. One thing to note is letting it rest before cutting locks in those juices. Let it rest for 15 mns or so!
- Another tip from a dear friend is to loosen the skin a bit and rub butter under it directly on the breast!