Now here’s a cookie recipe for you! My cream cheese sugar cookie recipe (found here) is the most viewed recipe on my blog. With that said I thought I would try out adding cream cheese to a different type of cookie! I found a recipe on Pinterest for these cream cheese snickerdoodles. I only made minor changes to the original, and it turned out fabulous! This is a soft, thick, and delicious cookie!
Ingredients: (makes around 3.5 dozen cookies)
- 2 sticks of salted butter, softened (1 cup)
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 and 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
Topping: (mix in a separate bowl to dip the cookie dough balls into later)
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon of cinnamon
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in you mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the salt, cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda, and flour.
- Slowly pour the flour mixture into your butter mixture until well blended.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place onto parchment paper.
- Dip the cookie dough balls into the cinnamon/sugar topping mixture listed under ingredients.
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes (depending on the size). Don’t overbake as you want these cookies to remain soft!