A few days ago I posted a gluten free granola bar recipe, so today I am posting the same recipe just with a couple twists. I love a good recipe that is completely customizable and super simple to make! My husband told me these are like a candy bar only better!
- one cup of rice krispies
- one cup of granola (can be left out)
- one cup of oatmeal dry oats (if you leave granola out, add an extra cup of oatmeal)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of honey
- white chocolate chips (optional) or any other kind of chips your heart desires
- Peanut butter or chocolate chips for the top drizzle (optional)
*With this recipe you always use one cup of rice krispies and two cups of either oats or granola. Today I did one cup of granola and one cup of oats instead of using two cups of the same ingredient. Make sense?!
- In a medium bowl, mix the rice krispies, granola, and oats.
- Stir in about a quarter cup of white chocolate chips if desired. Completely optional!
- In a small sauce pan, melt the brown sugar, butter, and honey. Cook over medium heat. Once it starts to bubble turn heat down to low. Cook for two minutes.
- Pour liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Lightly grease a jelly roll style pan and press mixture into one side of the pan. Like this….
- Let this cool for about 30 minutes.
- Remove and cut into bars.
- Just for fun I added a chocolate drizzle to some and a peanut butter drizzle to some.
- To do the drizzle, just add some chocolate chips to a ziploc bag. Melt in the microwave for 20 second intervals until melted. Snip corner of bag and pipe onto cut bars. Let chocolate set and then enjoy!
- This recipe makes about 8 bars.
- Store bars individually sealed. I wrap each bar in saran wrap and then place all bars in a ziploc bag!
Hope you enjoy!