I have found a new recipe for buttercream that I think is my new favorite! So I thought I would share my favorite buttercream recipe with a twist…add caramel! I love this caramel buttercream. It pairs quite well with yellow or white cake!
- Make your favorite cupcakes!
- Here’s how to make the buttercream (to frost 24 cupcakes generously):
- Take three sticks of unsalted butter and let soften to room temperature.
- Measure out 4.5 cups of powdered sugar and place into your mixing bowl.
- Add the butter to the powdered sugar and mix until fluffy…..takes a few minutes.
- Add in 6 teaspoons of vanilla and mix.
- Add in 4 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream and mix again.
- Pour a jar of caramel sauce into the icing and mix well.
- Ice cupcakes as desired!
*If you want to make just regular buttercream just forget the step with adding caramel!