Not only did we make two types of bread today, but we also made chocolate cupcakes. My husband has been begging for me to make a white chocolate raspberry icing, so today I did that just for him! I prefer a basic buttercream so I made that too! It’s a take your pick kinda day;)
Let’s start with my favorite chocolate cake recipe.
For the cake:
- 1 package of devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (3.9 oz) package of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer. Beat for about two minutes on medium speed until well combined.
- Pour into desired pan and bake.
*For bundt cakes, bake 50 to 55 minutes.
*For 9 inch cake layers, bake 25-30 minutes.
*For cupcakes, bake 18 minutes.
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction.
And now for the icing:
Basic buttercream: (will make enough to do 12 cupcakes)
- Beat one stick of salted butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in one teaspoon of vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of whole milk.
- Mix in 2 more cups of powdered sugar.
- Add in up to 2 Tablespoons of whole milk. More milk=thinner icing, Less milk=thicker icing
White Chocolate Raspberry Icing: (will make enough to do 12 cupcakes plus a few more)
- I used this recipe from LoveStitched.