My husband graduated from UF and loves his Gators! Last year for our anniversary, I saw a picture of the cutest Gator cake made out of cupcakes. I never found directions, but was able to duplicate it pretty well by looking at the picture. It’s getting close to our 9th anniversary….wonder what I can create?!
- To make this cake, I used 24 vanilla cupcakes and buttercream icing, tinted green, orange, blue, and white.
- First, place the cupcakes on your tray in the shape of the gator. Here’s the count starting at the mouth: 1,1,3,4,2,2,4,2,1,1,1,1.
- Next, smooth green icing on the “body” cupcakes and orange on the mid section for the shirt.
- On the green cucpakes, I used a small round tip to pipe little dots to look like scales…another option here would be to use little mini green M&Ms. I didn’t have the patience to dig green M&Ms out of the bag:)
- Use your blue icing to make a Florida F and outline in white for contrast.
- I used Hershey’s chocolate bars for the claws and accents.
- To create the eyes, I used two marshmallows, covered in green icing. Use a small piece of marshmallow on each side to create the eyeball and add a chocolate chip for the pupil.
- For the teeth I used cut marshmallows.
*I love the way this turned out….football season is almost here so I might just make this one again!
UPDATE: Just made this Gator cake again. I took pictures along the way to show exactly how I made it! Hope this helps you create your own Gator soon:)