My best friend (Lisa) is in town, and we have had the best week in the kitchen together. We saw a recipe for Oreo truffle cupcakes and gave it a try. The cupcakes turned out so GOOD!
So here’s how you too can create these cupcakes!
Oreo Truffle Directions:
- Crush an entire bag of Oreos in your food processor.
- Pour Oreos into a bowl and hand mix in an 8 oz block of cream cheese (softened).
- Make 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. (You will need at least 24 balls.)
- Put cookie sheet in freezer for at least 20 minutes. I actually froze the Oreo balls overnight in a sealed container.
- Make cupcakes according to the directions on box.
- I made a french vanilla cake mix.
- Line cupcake wells with paper cups.
- Pour a little cake batter into each cup.
- Place one Oreo ball into each cup.
- Cover the balls with another spoonful of cake batter.
- Bake as directed on the box.
- Let cupcakes cool before icing.
Buttercream Icing Directions:
- Take two sticks of unsalted butter and bring to room temperature by allowing them to sit on the counter for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- In your mixer, beat two sticks of butter (1 cup) for about five minutes. You will want to make sure the butter is light and fluffy.
- Mix in two teaspoons of vanilla and mix well.
- Add four cups of powdered sugar and beat.
- Add in a 1/4 cup of whole milk and mix.
- Add four more cups of powdered sugar and beat well.
- Add up to 1/4 cup more whole milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Crush one cup of Oreos in food processor.
- Fold crushed Oreos into icing.
- Decorate cupcakes as directed.
Original Recipe and Idea can be found here!