I love chocolate, but surprisingly I am not a big fan of brownies. My husband once told me how he loved buying blonde brownies from the grocery store. As a result of that conversation a few years back, I searched for blonde brownie recipes. I tried a few before finding my favorite. I made blonde brownies for my parents last night….they are almost all gone:( Thought I would share the recipe with all of you!
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 t vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
- Heat oven to 350 and grease a 9 by 13 pan.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs on medium-high until well combined.
- On low speed, blend in flour, baking powder, and salt until a soft dough forms.
- Spread evenly into pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce if so desired!