My grandmother makes the best gingersnap cookies! Today I am sharing her recipe with you! Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup shortening (I use vegetable oil)
- 1 cup sugar, plus a little extra for rolling the dough balls in
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Cream shortening (or oil) and sugar with your mixer.
- Add in molasses and egg and beat well.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then slowly add into the wet ingredients.
- Roll dough into small balls and dip into sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.