One of our favorite Thanksgiving side dish recipes is this one….what’s not to love about potatoes baked twice and covered in cheese, sour cream, butter, and bacon?!
- 6-8 small potatoes, I used Idaho
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8-10 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz of shredded cheese (I used half monterey jack and half sharp cheddar)
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the potatoes and dry them.
- Bake the potatoes until soft.
- Let potatoes cool and then cut them into small one inch cubes.
- Toss the potatoes with the sour cream .
- Pour the butter over the sour cream potatoes.
- Grease a 9 by 13 pan and pour the potatoes in.
- Salt and pepper as desired.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Slightly mix the cheese into the potatoes.
- Pour the milk over the potatoes and then top with the bacon crumbles.
- Cover with foil and bake at 450 for 20-25 minutes.