It’s summer time and we have been doing lots of summer fun activities. We tried out the exploding sidewalk experiment that is popular on Pinterest. The exploding part is the tricky part as the bags kind of pop not really explode. However, the kids absolutely loved this experiment so we have done it a couple of times. Here are some pictures and directions.
- In a large bowl mix equal parts vinegar and corn starch.
- Pour about an inch and half of this mixture into a ziploc bag. Repeat until you run out of mixture.
- Add drops of food coloring to each bag as desired.
- Take the bags outside along with a bowl of baking soda and a spoon.
- Quickly pour a spoonful of baking soda into the bag and seal it shut. As the baking soda and vinegar interact, the bag will fill up and eventually pop. Little kids are easily impressed and this worked for mine.
- They loved taking a paint brush and painting with the remaining paint in the bag.