Today we made some old fashion sugar cookies and decorated them with a basic buttercream icing. Since the Broncos are playing tonight, we decided Bronco decorations were only fitting! This is a great sugar cookie recipe given to me by my husband’s sweet Aunt Lauri! It is great for rolling out and using cookie cutters…
2 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c shortening (Crisco)
1/4 c butter
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using your mixer, cream the shortening, butter, and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix well.
- You can chill the dough (or not)!
- Roll dough out onto floured surface and use cookie cutters of desired shape.
- Bake cookies at 400 for 10 to 12 minutes.