I LOVE bread and rolls are no exception. This is absolutely, hands down the best roll recipe I’ve tried! Working on rolls now, so here is a picture of the rolls rising! These are super soft and buttery….sure to please any crowd!
2/3 cup nonfat dried milk
2 cups warm water
2 TB active dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter (softened)
5 cups bread flour
- Mix water and powdered milk in your mixing bowl. Sprinkle yeast on top and allow to rest for five minutes.
- Add in salt, sugar, butter, egg, and 2 cups of the flour. Mix well.
- Mix in two more cups of flour.
- Add the fifth cup of flour little by little until dough comes together. I usually end up using the entire cup.
- The dough will be a bit sticky…do not add more than the 5 cups of flour.
- Grab a tablespoon of vegetable oil and drizzle over dough. This will keep dough from being so sticky and will also prevent it from drying out.
- Work dough into a ball in your bowl and cover with saran wrap. Set aside and allow to rise until it doubles in size. Takes 30 minutes to an hour.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle and cut into rectangular pieces.
- Roll each rectangle into a roll shape.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and cover with a towel.
- Let the rolls rise until they are doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter when they come out of oven!